Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Color Look: Peach and Light Blue

I was online last night and came across the spring photo preview for one of my favorite NC boutiques, Vestique.  One of the first introductions I saw was this gorgeous combination of a one shoulder peach dress and light blue multi-layer necklace.  The colors feel very soft, feminine, and almost vintage when paired together.  It's been very cold here lately and I can't help but think this outfit with some nude pumps would be perfect for a southern summer soiree.  It's available on their website Friday... I have the necklace and nude pumps, but I think I need the dress!


After a little more image browsing, I realized this color combination is more than just a winning outfit.  These hues make up some of favorite room inspirations and home accents.  Read on...

This cozy dining space was featured in Southern Living's 2009 Texas Idea House.  If you haven't seen the whole article you can look it up on their website.  I remember flagging multiple pages of this issue for the open, eclectic feel and natural light.
 Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue 

Did you know that in the Southern Low Country, it's tradition to paint the ceiling of your front porch blue?   The superstition is that it wards off evil spirits or 'haints' which is why it's often referred to as 'haint blue'.  There is no actual Haint Blue color, but BM Palladian Blue would do the trick.

Apparently the light blue and peach combination is so natural that even food stylists use it!  
This image is so clean and refreshing; I have a soft spot for good food photography.
My very good girlfriend in Lexington, NC is planning a nursery for her and her husband's first child, a baby girl.  This 'Ben' crib set from Serena and Lilly reminds me of her color scheme.  They are going with an all over white with pops of bright pink and aqua, and added textural accents of glass, silver and flokati.  I can't wait to see it!

Currey & Company Hedy Chandelier

Macoco II from China Seas
Quadrille Fabrics is a great resource for modern and chinoiserie prints on linens. You may have seen their fabrics, they frequently grace the pages of House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Veranda, Traditional Home and Coastal Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment