Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Is my Design Palette Changing?

They say every seven years your body goes through a major change.  In similar aspects, I'm thinking my design palette has been changing lately.  Is it a seven year change?  Perhaps, but difficult to determine.  I recently picked up these amazing Drexel Heritage lamps from Homegoods.  For some reason they jumped out to me and after a few trips, they had to go in the cart.


I've never been a big ginger jar fan, I've never thought of myself as traditional in style and these blue and white jars are just something I've always associated with that category. I'd like to think of this change as not just a coincidence - ginger jars are featured on the cover for this month's Traditional Home - but because I'm developing a deeper appreciation for design styles.

April 2014 Traditional Home


April 2014 Traditional Home


 Designer Julia Kleyman for Designer Showhouse of New Jersey.

Maybe my inner designer has started forecasting trends for me and I didn't even know it!
 
Regardless, I'm happy with my purchase.  This pair of lamps may soon knock the socks off of an all white airy room perched nicely behind a slip covered sofa.  They may become the anchor piece on a dining room sideboard for a future client, or maybe they'll just stay with me.  That's the fun part, I"ll have to wait and see where they want to go.  

- Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment