Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My First Publication: Design New England Magazine

I am so proud to be part of the 2014 March/April issue of Design New England Magazine.  I've been eagerly waiting its arrival and the issue is finally here!  


I was contacted early January by one of the editors about being a contributor for their recurring section in their magazine called Selections.  For this task, three designers were asked to design a guest bedroom for a visitor of their choice, all three had to be different.  The element we would all be using was a great Thos. Moser bed which we would design and style in their Boston studio.

Of course, my answer was YES!  I had spent the last year while in North Carolina working with some of the most talented photography studios in the home furnishings industry.  My experience working with their elaborate, amazing crew taught me so much and sparked a passion for these quick design on location settings.  Set design is so different, one of the first things I learned was that you can have a gigantic pile of props, furniture and staging to the right, and have a perfectly styled magazine ready room to the left.  The only thing that matters is the view behind the camera.  Check out Widner Creative and Diana Parrish Design Photography.

Below is my design, but you can view the whole feature by clicking here.  Our feature begins on page 41.

It was a pleasure working with the art director, associate editor and photographer during this shoot.  Their professional team has a great eye for design and produce exceptional content for their publication.  You must check out the rest of the magazine filled with beautiful editorials on projects for home, kitchen and garden throughout New England.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment