Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Upholstery Trend: Application Stripes

Have you seen this trend popping up lately?  Application stripes have been catching my eye in recent publications.  Here are three examples to take inspiration from:

Duralee had this application posted on their website.  I love how the bold navy strip is reflected perfectly on the settee bolster.  You almost don't notice it at first.


 I thought this application was clever.  I snapped a pic on my phone from a magazine while waiting for an appointment - one of my guilty pleasures.  This would make a very bold statement in a room, and could be interpreted through almost any style.

  

 This is the most recent example I found from the High Point Market Style Spotters Fashion Report after this October's market.  Caracole makes beautiful pieces and this chair is no exception.  Its almost a modern take on the wing back chair with delicate legs with a back splayed detail and choice of fabric colors.

Have you seen this trend?  Send us your examples!



No comments:

Post a Comment