Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What I'm Loving Right Now: Arial Maps

Whether they're behind plexiglass in a public works office or tastefully framed over a seductive sofa; I'm loving arial map inspired artwork.  Traditional styles vary betweeen hand drawn sketches or bluepriints of old world grounds and gardens, but this new modern take is just as admirable.  If a piece of art is worthy of grand style, I say the bigger the better.  How Bobo Intruiguing Objects or Restoration Hardware achieves interest with their oversized black and whites, I believe you can aquire the same feeling with a blown up arial.  Now i just need the perfect client!

These arial maps from David Thomas in kaleidoscope formation:
Arial-Map-Inspiration-from-David-Thomas-Smith-7-600x900 
Arial-Map-Inspiration-from-David-Thomas-Smith-6-600x900
They remind me of a modern take on inkblots, one of my other favorites pieces to use.  Can you tell I like things out of the ordinary?
ink blot
These arials are closer in view of the Eiffel tower in Paris and the gardens at the Palace of Versailles.   I visited both of these breathtaking pieces of history with my family while I was in highschool  I would love to revisit on a photography mission!
Aerial view of Eiffel Tower - Paris, France
Versailles
What sort of pieces have you buzzing lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment