Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Outdoor Spaces: DIY Pallet Lounge Seating

My birthday is the end of April and every year around that time I get the itch to set up the patio and start gardening.  This year was no different but instead of a typical present, I wanted to make lounge furniture like the many I had been seeing on Pinterest.  This is what we came up with.

 The photo makes the wood look a bit dreary because it was taken after a short summer rain, but they are fairly nice and similar in color tones.  We found these Allen & Roth lounge chair seat and back cushions for around $30 a pair.  I would have been happy with a love seat version but these worked out because the excess pallet on the end doubles as your drink holder.


The dog enjoys the comfortable seating option just as much as our guests.  It's easy to lounge with a footstool underneath the umbrella shade or even take a nap.

I'm in love with these bolsters.  I had been looking for the right pair of pillows with orange, pink and teal in a Trina Turk esque pattern.  Instead, I found these whimsical watercolor bolsters from Target's outdoor section at 50% off.  Not only are they perfect for summer because of their creamsicle nod, but their candy wrapped shape makes them even sweeter. 

What special touches have you added to your outdoor space this year?  Send your project to me and you could be featured in one of our future summer posts.

2 comments:

  1. Love the natural look and the repurposing of the pallets. Very resourceful and forward thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stannnnley brings this whole look together!

    ReplyDelete